Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caught a flat now I forget how to put rear axel back together!!! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught a flat now I forget how to put rear axel back together!!! Help!

Exactly what the post says I've got all these parts and spacers and can't remember where they go. The bike is in 82 GS 1100 e. I really don't want to mess this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Try this:

1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Gwad19709

Do it this way... You may have to loosen the rear muffler bracket bolt to get the axle bolt to go through.
      1 push the axle bolt through the chain adjust collar; that collar was likely not disassembled and is part
      #18 above
      2. put the spacer #6 onto the rear sprocket carrier and push the axle just through it.
      3. fit the wheel up in there and push the axle through it till it comes out on the other side.
      4. put the #5 spacer in the space on the wheel where it fits into a recess
      5. Push the axle through the spacer and then take a big flat blade screw driver and spread the brake
      pads in the rear caliper apart a bit. Fit the brake pads over the rear rotor and get the hole in the
      rear brake carrier lined up and push the axle just through it. The rear caliper carrier is #17 above.
      6. put the #16 spacer in place and push the axle through it
      7. Last thing to go in place is the other #18 chain adjust collar. This will be a tight fit so use that
      big screwdriver to pry between the swingarm and last spacer installed and shove the axle through
      the collar.
      8. Loosely install the big washer and nut. Go back and tighten the muffler clamp bolt if you loosened
      it. Then tighten the nut; you may need to stick a screw driver though the hole on the axle on the
      other side to keep it from spinning.

Last note. If the chain is endless; that is, has no master link, you will need to fit the sprocket inside the
      chain when you install the rear sprocket carrier. If the chain has a master link, just shove the rear wheel
      forward and use some needle nose pliers to pull the links together and fit the chain sections together and
      put the master link on the chain and pop it into place with the needle nose pliers. The closed end of the
      master link should be towards the direction the chain travels.

Hope that helps some!

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        Try this:

That's exactly what I was looking for the bike is back together and ready to ride thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
        X