77 GS750 Chain/sprocket options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS750 Chain/sprocket options

I'm too tired/lazy to look for myself today. Can you tell me what size/length chain I need and what sprockets for my 77 750? Best place to get them or brand? I don't race it and I can lose a couple pounds by not drinking for a week, so options are open for brand/materials unless there is something seriously wrong with one or the other. Cheers!

To tired and lazy myself. YOU will have to use the search function, plenty info there.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

You will find good information by looking for it yourself. The first place to start should be Basscliff's site - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

If you are too lazy, why should we help you? Look it up yourself.

Comment

Tough crowd. I would suggest you look at the JT Sprockets website and have a look through their catalog. If your bike has 630 chain from Suzuki I would also suggest looking at converting to 530. It is lighter, far more common and has many more options in terms of brand/quality/price point than the 630 does. If you want to convert to 530 have a look at the GSXR 1100 sprockets, they were all the same and used the same spline and bolt pattern as many of the GS's. At least they are the same as my 82 1100E and the 1000E's. By cross referencing the spline and bolt pattern details from your bike to the GSXR's you can confirm that they are the same (or not, as the case may be).

As for number of links, you can find calculators online that let you measure the distance between sprockets and then add in the number of teeth and pitch and get how many links you need. If all this is too much for your lazy butt you can probably find this info on the Z1 Enterprises site as well.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

LOL...thank you all for your replies. I do enjoy the salty ones as well. Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Mark. Useful info here. I actually had already done plenty of searching, but I didn't find any easy OEM conversion info related to the stock chain/sprocket length/sizes. When you stare at a monitor five days a week for eight hours a day, you tend to look to the forums for answers to minimize off-work LCD exposure. Your response is very much appreciated!

Comment

This is what I ordered from Z1 last month for the 630 to 530 conversion. I have not installed yet...
                530 (JTF513 series) 18T Fr sprocket
                530 (JTR816 series) 49T Rr Sprocket
                530 Chain RK 118 link 'X' Ring (we only need 114 links but this is the closest they had)
                Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Working...
                X