Cam Timing TSCC 750AN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Timing TSCC 750AN

I may be overthinking this but i just finished replacing the leaking head gasket on my 81 GS750L.
    I installed the cams per the manual I downloaded from basscliffs site and thought it was strange that cylinder 4 was at TDC compression and not cylinder 1.
    Just noticed that when I was setting valve clearance and had to rotate crank one revolution to get Cylinder 1 at TDC compression.
    Thoughts?

If you can rotate the crank and valves don't hit pistons then you've pretty much got it right.
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Im quite confident i got it right just seemed weird that cylinder 1 wasnt at TDC compression. Dont see how i could have gotten it 180 out since the crank will either be tdc 1-4 or tdc 2-3. If i turn the crank one revolution to get to tdc compression cylinder 1 the cam marks are off, rotate again to achieve tdc compression on cylinder 4 and the cam marks are perfect.

Comment

The cams move at half the speed of the crank so if you rotate it another 360 then the cams will line up with #1.
        Current:
        Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
        VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
        And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
        X