yoshimura or wiseco rings avialablity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yoshimura or wiseco rings avialablity

have a set of big bore pistons of each but having trouble getting rings alone, does anybody know what the story is with replacing th rings in these please?

Better specify bore sizes and groove widths Spyda...
    Some of the early race stuff used odd thickness rings for which - if the pistons are usable - remachining the grooves can be the only way out.
    I can machine to suit if you find wider rings.

Comment

73mm actually one set is mtc, was told wiseco but just checked... cheers greg

Comment

The groove widths are the important bit - and you'll need something better than a plastic caliper for that measurement.

Comment

I have some digital calipers and the width of the grooves would be real hard to measure accurately.

Comment

You could get in touch with total seal and maybe send them a piston and they should be able to figure it out.
            David
            1998 Suzuki Bandit
            1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
            1978 GS1000 - gone
            1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Deves piston rings out of Las Vegas can make you any ring you want. They made me a complete set of rings for my 80s era wiseco xt series pistons. If you knew your measurements he could take them over the phone, I chose to send him one of my pistons and he had no problem with that. Fast turnaround 702-646-2700

Comment

Originally posted by helmutholderbenz View Post
                Deves piston rings out of Las Vegas can make you any ring you want. They made me a complete set of rings for my 80s era wiseco xt series pistons. If you knew your measurements he could take them over the phone, I chose to send him one of my pistons and he had no problem with that. Fast turnaround 702-646-2700
                Oh my, this is good news!

How much were the rings?
                1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjbj40 View Post
                  Oh my, this is good news!

How much were the rings?
                  I want to say he charged me $88 bucks +s&h. I know it was under a $100. I thought it was pretty reasonable for a 4 cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by portdave View Post
                    You could get in touch with total seal and maybe send them a piston and they should be able to figure it out.
                    i'm in new zealand

Comment

Working...
                    X