GS750 stalls every time I release clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 stalls every time I release clutch

So I Have done a rebuild of my Gs750 and when I went to ride the bike i put it into first, released the clutch and it would just rev. (no movement). So i took the clutch release mechanism off and i guess after sitting for so long the ball assembly was rusted to the other plate so I cleaned that out , separated and greased it up. Works fine now, but now the bike wont go into gear unless i roll it forward and when i release the clutch on the handle bars it jerks forward and stalls.
    WHAT I'VE ALREADY DONE
    I've taken the clutch cover and basket off
    plates are all seperated not stuck together
    springs look good
    push rod is not bent or cracked
    tried to adjust the mechanism several times but don't thing its quite right neither is the clutch cable .

Any help would be appreciated. If there is any idea on how to adjust the cable and mechanism correctly or any other idea what might be going wrong i would seriously appreciate it.
    I am pretty new at this so if you can respond like you were talking to a 5th grader that would also be appreciated.

you dont say what year/model your 750 is but if you go to this site you can download a factory manual for your model and learn how to set up and adjust your clutch cable and release mechanism correctly.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

O shoot sorry 1978 GS750ce

Comment

Yup, sounds like you clutch cable is not adjusted properly. You have the link for the manual.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
        X