clutch very hard to pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch very hard to pull

my gs1000L clutch became very hard to pull and stopped going in gear cable even broke.replaced cable,discs and springs.still very hard to pull.basket doesn't have any grooves in it.any suggestions where to start looking.

Are the clutch springs you used the stock springs...?

Good that you know about the situation of possible notches in clutch basket.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

the clutch and springs came ebc3335 kit .the new springs are thicker and bit longer and i.m going to try orginal springs back in.just trying to get pointed in right direction.made sure basket was torque also.just stumped at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by rcook52459 View Post
        . . . . . . springs came ebc3335 kit .the new springs are thicker and bit longer . . . . . .
        I cant say from my experience (have used standard springs, twice) but have seen many comments here that unless drag racing on strip, that any "high performance" or "heavy duty" springs are quite unsuitable and unneeded for street riding.

But your EBC kit says "standard". Hum...... Wonder if maybe your old springs were well worn, and these new ones are getting back to normal.
        Whats the chance you are more accustom to hydraulic clutches...?
        Last edited by Redman; 04-29-2020, 02:03 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The EBC springs are much heavier. Either try a set of new OEM springs or you can go 50/50 your old OEM springs & EBC. That gives a slightly heavier (but acceptable) clutch than stock in my experience.
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
          X