clutch basket installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch basket installation

Having problems putting my clutch back in my 82 GS1100E can seem to line up the dog ears to the clutch basket and when i tighten the big bokt the inner basket stop turning. HELP SOMEBODY

Not sure this will help but there is a shipton of GS info....

Are you in gear or neutral ? Clutch lever in or out ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

In gear will not move clutch pull in gear.

Comment

From reading your other threads, along with this one, It seems after you installed the new, welded, outer hub (basket), all bearings, spacers, & washers, then the inner hub & tightened the big nut, the inner hub wouldn't turn freely. No need to go any farther, something sure ain't right. I'd take it all completely back apart, start over, one part at a time, reading repair manual, watching parts on parts drawings to be sure all shims, bearings, gears, spacers, & washers are in order & where they should be, (not should be but have got to be). It sounds like you just got something out of place. Haven't heard of this problem before.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X