Front brake bleeding gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake bleeding gs1100e

Hello to all having a hell of a time trying to get the front brakes to wok after changing master cyclender on my gs1100e 82. I swap out the old one for a new chrone one. Now can't get the brakes to pump up. I'm using a hand vacuum pump still nothing. There no leaks vacuum holds pressure for 1 hour. Is there a special way to do this 🤔

I also have the vac brake bleeder, but have found the best luck removing the caliper from the wheel & placing the bleeder in an elevated location relative to the master cylinder. The air "wants" to rise, but sometimes it needs a little help. Also, consider placing s piece of suitable steel between the brake pads. An old rotor, a scrap piece of 1/4" steel, anything like that. Good luck.
    Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
    Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

so let me understand you stated to remove the calipers from the bike and do what?????

Comment

I’ve never needed to raise the calipers off the bike with either stock or the twinpot calipers.

I may used a vacuum bleeder to get fluid down to the caliper on a new line set (fresh install) but other than that I use the squeeze lever open bleeder close bleeder repeat method... very simple and reliable.
        at the end I cable tie the lever back towards the bar (brake on) just for good measure and leave overnight.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

You have another thread going with the same issue that’s actually in the right place.https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...08-Front-brake

I would suggest you delete this thread
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
          X