No announcement yet.

gauge redesigning ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you could eliminate the gauge cluster completely and go with a heads-up display. Not cheap, but the most minimal gauge cluster is NO gauge cluster....

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
      I really like the tacho/speedo combo, but at 359 English pounds thats a bit steep.
      Agree,

In the States they are not that expensive, I think I payed a little bit more than US $300, but that's still much...

Comment

Originally posted by isaac
        So Karl, you basically spent the equivalent of $1000 on your cluster. That's a very nice looking guage cluster, but my guages only cost $100 more and came with a running bike attached.
        Glad you also like the SPA tacho and got it for reasonable money, the problem is that in Sweden (where I live) it's very hard to find a GS with SPA-tacho and to that price you got, I would say impossible.

/Karl

Comment

I just spoke to Paul at Electrosport (used to be Electrex) about the Acewell Pro 4 meter. The unit with all the bells and whistles (ACE-3853) will be available in two to four weeks.

He said they have been testing them for about six months and that Acewell is incorporating their ideas into the final product.

The Tach input is inductive, so it doesn't have any effect on the ignition system.

The best part is that the full up unit will be priced in the $150.00 range with the install kit.

How cool is that?

Comment

Thank you all for your ideas! However like some others I'm really not willing to dump serious amounts of cash into new gauges etc. I'm thinking I will just keep the original tacho with the cool orange backlight and modify the mounting bracket so it only has one leg, and use my money to have a cup fabbed for it and purchase a bicycle speedo. Then I can keep a somewhat stock look using the old gauge but add my own touch with a one-off cup mounted off center. Thanks again!

Comment

I like the look of 1200 Bandit gauges. Simple yet tastefull

Paul
              80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I think these clocks are pretty cool

Comment

I really want a Katana speedo and tachometer for my GS...I love the way the tach looks on it...even though it's an 85 MPH speedo, I'd still take it!

Never been able to find one though.

Comment

Working...
                  X