GS 550 ES fairing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 550 ES fairing question

I just bought a 85 GS 550 E today and was wondering if a front fairing off a GS 550 ES will fit with no problem on my bike? Or does it mount different?

The ES fairing mounts to a framework that is welded onto the bike's frame. The E has a fairing that mounts to the handlebars. In order to put an ES fairing on your bike, you'll have to find or fabricate the mounting framework, then weld it onto your bike's frame.

The ES fairings are supposedly still available from Suzuki, for several hundred $$$. I found a nos one on ebay and stole it for $50. 8)
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Thanks. I think my bike looks fine how it is then.

Comment

The ES fairing had a fairing bracket thingy, didn't it? I bought the bracket and the fairing off ebay, but decided I liked the round headlight better.

Both available, if interested...they're collecting dust now.

~Adam

Comment

Actually, the ES bracket bolts to the frame (you will find the hole under the white caps on the frame, two on the steering head, the other on the front frame downtubes.

You need the bracket, fairing, fairing liner, windscreen, turn signal mounts (L shaped brackets) and the mini "lowers" that go on each side. Your instruments, mirrors and headlight all remain the same (the headlight bolts into the ES bracket).

I have a fairing in fair to poor shape I would be willing to part with. It has lowers, main body, and I think It has a windscreen (it has been 4 years since I opened the box). It has multi-coats of paint and some mud and extra holes for different mirrors. I could take pictures next week of it if you are interested. I don't have a spare mount, and it wouldn't be easy to fake either.

I'm going to put the other one on my E this summer...I found Lochart (sp?) lowers for it last year and it should look sweet! Mine is the Red/White version in 85. I have wanted the ES and lower since back in 86 when I first saw one...DROOL!!!!

Kenny

Comment

Working...
          X