drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drain plug

on the exhaust note, about the 4 in 1 going directly under the oil drrain plug... what do you do about that when it's time to do a "simple" oil change, loosen the header and drop it down??????

it's lame, but you gotta take it off to do an oil change, most also eliminate the possibility of a centerstand, at least mine does

Comment

yes they did that too, no center stand, almost thinking better to go back to origianal style pipes

Comment

Centerstands are for whips anyway. Keep the exhaust and enjoy the extra power and weight savings. It's good to get your hands dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
          Centerstands are for whips anyway.
          I always thought it was the oposite that was true? :twisted:

Comment

What pipe are you GS700 folks running? I have a GS700 and am thinkning about ditching the original pipes. Any thoughts?

Comment

mine has a bassani made for a gs750 fits mine fine, don't know how long it has been there, but I'm sure it's been a while!! 8O BUT need to take it off to drain the oil

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                Originally posted by Swanny
                Centerstands are for whips anyway.
                I always thought it was the oposite that was true? :twisted:
                Wimps are for centerstands?

Comment

Some of the aftermarket exhausts made for these bikes allowed filter and drain plug access, others did not. If you can find a good performance exhaust now, good luck, as most are no longer available. I have had a V+H Competition Series 4-1 since about 1985. It is a kick a$$ black pipe with an aluminum canister but it restricts access to both filter and drain. You do get pretty good at droping the pipe after a few times though. Be careful with the head bolts and use anti-seize compound.

I would never go back with the stock exhaust, any aftermarket pipe is better than the heavy, restrictive stock system. If you cannot find a decent used pipe, your other option is to modify an early GSXR-750 pipe to fit.
                  From what I have seen, the canister hanger is the only real mod.

Good Luck, Ed.
                  1983 GS750ED

Comment

Working...
                  X