sidecover hold down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sidecover hold down

my right side cover flew off the other day because the previous owner had made some kind of ghetto hold-down system and it didn't work. I want to go back to the stock style.

I need to get 5-9, right?

Re: sidecover hold down

Originally posted by gasisontheright
    my right side cover flew off the other day because the previous owner had made some kind of ghetto hold-down system and it didn't work. I want to go back to the stock style.
    If you still have the cover try attaching it with Velcro. I did this on my wife's Seca and it works great. 8)

Comment

Re: sidecover hold down

Originally posted by pidgey
      Originally posted by gasisontheright
      If you still have the cover try attaching it with Velcro. I did this on my wife's Seca and it works great. 8)
      good idea, but I don't know if I could trust velcro on that side with the battery sitting there sliding around. :?

Comment

Pardon me for saying so, but if your battery is sliding around you have a bigger problem than the side cover. Get a proper strap on that battery to keep it from moving ... then attend to the sidecover.

Now, with regard to the cover itself, I was thinking that if you use the "studs" from the other cover (assuming they're stock) and use some clay to form an impression, I'll bet you could use some epoxy to create new studs for the other cover, and once they're ready simply epoxy them on.

You might have to experiment a little on the length, but I think it would work nicely.

Good Luck!
        Steve 8)

Comment

It doesn't actually slide around, but the situation is there for it to happen. the other side doesn't have any kind of lock, it just clips on as it just covers the electronics.

Comment

Working...
          X