Engine color, what to choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine color, what to choose

Well I got the (82 suzuki gs850l) engine all cleaned up and ready to go and I know its going all black except for the chrome cam covors, but I dont know to get gloss black or flat black, or somewhere inbetween. I have seen gloss and it looks good, and I've seen flat and it looks very good, but I dont know what'd fit mine best. I have some misc. parts satin black, that looks real nice on mine but I'm not sure if its right for the engine. Here is a picture of my bike.- Go to the "Zuki 8Fidy" gallery, the last picture. Let me know what I should do, Thanks-darren

http://spaces.msn.com/members/daredevil416ex/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolder ID=cns!1pIhNGlKKfB7vcCbVrswJlWQ!147&_c=PhotoAlbum

If you are doing a professional job using the real deal 3 part paints, definitely go with gloss. If it's gonna be rattle can stuff, do the flat. It's easy to make a flat paint look good.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Well I ended up with a kinda glossier finish that I excpected but I think it turned out great. Its a single stage paint, spray(via spray gun) it on, and call it good. 1st few days you could smell it curing at stop signs but its good now. Go to the link above and go to the last pistures in "my zuki 8Fidy" gallery. Let me know what you guys think.-darren

Comment

Nice...looks better black. 8)

Your pics are to dark...hard to see the details

Comment

If i recall correctly a black motor will run cooler than any other color including an unpainted motor

Comment

The key to the black motor running cooler is the coating has to be very thin, if it's to thick it acts like insulation.
            That's on old trick from air cooled raceing days................OK a long time ago!

Comment

Working...
            X