Bobbing a 80' GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobbing a 80' GS1000

The other day I hit a bump on 1st Ave and 39th St and my side panel fell to it's death. I then saw a show on bobbing bikes but it related mostly Triumphs and Hawgs. Would anyone know if it's feasible to do a GS1000. Also if there is a place I could look at other mods. Cause I lost my side panel I kind of like they way it looks with out it. Any suggestions out there?

You should check out the chopperunderground.com forum and the hortoncustoms.net hardcore forum. There are alot of pics and tech info on bobbing and chopping just about any bike. I am personally in the process of chopping a 1981 GS750L. The info I have gotten from these two forums is priceless.

Comment

somoone on the forum, i forget who, sent me pix of a bobbed gs1000gt frfom ebay a year or so ago
      it;s mixed in with photos of my project bike, here

thumbnails will get you bigger pix
      select orioginal for best resolution

Comment

I'm chopping my '80 GS550L. Pretty easy actually. I am turning it into a hardtail, stretching, raking, and lowering it. 4 inches of ground clearance with case savers and it still leans over about 45 degrees with no ground clearance issuses. Good luck and post some pics once it's done. Here's a link to an 850 chop. http://www.bikerworld.co.uk/tech/hacksaw_gs/

Comment

Working...
        X