Gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas tank

So I am looking at building a cafe racer from my 77 gs750 doing it bit by bit. But when I put clip-ons on the bars hit the tank . I thought I could deal with it and would just be cafful but low and behold, I decided that the bike and I would have more fun slidding on the pavment then rolling, I farred well as did the bike, but the pavement firmly planted the bar into the tank creating a significant dent. I was wondering what others have done to prevemt clip-ons from hitting the tank, or how hard other tanks are to adapt over
    Thanks
    Pat

This is a big assumption, but that model of bike probably has a very wide steering angle (left to right) compared to a "race" replica bike... or a cafe racer.

Might have to build up the steering stop and decrease the available steering angle.

Also, don't make the assumption that pre-crash clearance means your clip-on won't dent your tank in the event of a crash... seen plenty of late model sportbikes that had exactly that happen. When ya crash, all bets are off and the dice are rolled...

Comment

Working...
    X