Seat replacement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat replacement question

I have a GS650GL and I would like to change my seat from the king, queen style to something a little flatter.. I've seen many topics on this and wanted to know if anyone had tried replacing a GL model seat with a T model. I'm thinking about ordering the foam and vinyl for a T model and putting it on my GL seat pan. Otherwise, I guess it's off to the upholsery shop.

Regards,
    Tim

Tim

I am not sure about a T model or even what it is but the GS650E like mine has a flatter seat than the shaft drive 650s and there is no chance that it would fit without extensive revisions. It seems unlikely any stock flat seat would fit without changes.

Dave

Comment

Ihave a G model seat available but cannot state it will work or not. I think if you like the bike enough except for the seat your best bet is an upholsery shop. For around a C-note that can probably crat what you want. Try a boat shop, they redo cushions all teh time. Check out JC WHitney, they sell skins adn foam kits, you might be able to make something work.

the tank and frame are setup to work with that model seat pan. It si a lot of work to change over and it does not usually come out right.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
      X