GS1100E fitting an Airtech vintage fairing with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E fitting an Airtech vintage fairing with pics

Well on to the next step. I bought an Airtech "vintage" fairing. Problem #1 is the stock 8" GS headlight wont really work with the Airtech's 7" opening. The remedy is a complete 7" headlight off a 1981 Yamaha 650 Maxim:

Heres a pic of the really trick diamond cut 7" headlamp with one of those "Acura/BMW/Benz" style blue Xenen high def. bulb. Those lamps are incredible as fas as clarity at night.

I had to relocate the new headlight up 1-5/8", and foreward 1" using some .090" Titanium plate. This allows the windscreen to clear the front brake m/c. The Yammie headlight fits perfect, and allows room for the tack/speedo cables.

Here's the brackets. The ones that came with the fairing were too big. After the third try, I got it right. I mad these out of 1"X .125" alum:

So here it is all mocked up.

Of course I am going to have it painted red to match. What do you guys think? I would like to put a vintage "S" Suzuki decal on the front, does anyone know of a company that sells vintage Suzuki decals?

OK, I modified my original post an put all the pics back!

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam
      I'm confused, whet the heck happend to my post? an hour ago, it had about 5 replies, now all I see is only half of my original post???? Server issues maybe???
      They did a server switch and in the process some of the newest posts got flushed down the cyberspace drain.

Due to increasingly poor response time when accessing pages on the site and the forum, the move has been made to host the site on a semi-dedicated server versus a shared server. You should notice vastly improved page loads.

This does come at an increased cost however, $65/mo. versus $12/mo.. We have sufficient funds to run the site 2 years but do remember that we are a contributor funded website. We'll be around as long as people are willing to support us.

Thanks for your support and enjoy!

--- Frank ---

Comment

Dennis Kirk sells a good selection of Suzuki stickers. Many styles.

Comment

This is funny, I thought I had an original idea.

I ended up making all the same brackets as you for My Emgo fairing in flat 3/4 aluminium stock...I moved it up 1 3/4 and forward an inch.

Comment

Is this the sticker your looking for??

Dennis Kirk has been the leader in Powersports aftermarket parts and accessories since 1969. Over 160,000 unique items in stock & ready to ship today.

Comment

Working...
            X