Dress up your shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress up your shocks

This was a joke between some friends of mine. In our area one of the restuarants were promoting the new Budwieser Aluminum Bottles. I made a joke about using them on a GS550 I am modifying. One day out in the garage, I decided to find a way to use two Bud Light bottles.

Well, here it is (not a great picture):

Really not functional since the first bump, the aluminum will roll up. Will be looking how to make these work.

Since I will clean this bike up and paint it black, I am now looking for the Budwieser Al Bottles (black and red).

I think it would look good on there....?

Forgive the awful spelling and grammer...it is early in the AM for me.

Comment

bottle shocks

How many did you empty before you came up with this idea?

Comment

I say you cut up some beer cans to make bigger skirts for the tops of the shocks, then chop down the bottles a little bit so there's more room for travel before they crush, and you'll have yourself a winner.

Comment

Several, but not the day I was in the garage! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by isaac
            I say you cut up some beer cans to make bigger skirts for the tops of the shocks, then chop down the bottles a little bit so there's more room for travel before they crush, and you'll have yourself a winner.
            I was re-looking at this and there is roughly 1 1/2 inch travel up the skirt, but only 1/4 inch down. I am more worried about the bottle coming out of the skirt, than being crunched up in it.

Also, I found the Budweiser bottles and here they are (bike still needs cleaned and paint finished) .

Comment

I think Pabst Blue Ribbon would be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac
                I agree, this sounds like the best option.
                The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how you will secure the aluminum skin to the shocks. It looks like it just sits on there the way you have it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
                  I agree, this sounds like the best option.
                  The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how you will secure the aluminum skin to the shocks. It looks like it just sits on there the way you have it now.
                  Yes, it is just sitting there now. Perhaps some Amazing Goop at the bottom where the neck is to glue the bottle in place.

I really hadn't thought much about it...not functional, but a conversation piece. :-)

I appreciate all the comments, though!

I like the idea of PBR...is that still sold?

Comment

Working...
                  X