PPG Certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPG Certified

i just wanted to let y'all know i'm a certified PPG painter now!!! i'm proud of myself... hmmm maybe i shouldn't have drank so much 2night... and i have to paint this guys truck at work... i think i need to go 2 bed... if anybody has info on engine rebuilds... or anything about GS engines in general... i'd like all the info i can get... i'm absolutely in love with them... oh and there is just something about looking through a nice looking clear coat into the color... it's a whole other world let me tell ya... this probably doesn't belong in any category... but yeah engine info would be awesome... specifically for a 450...sorry about my A.D.D. and my intoxicated state 1 mor thang... what color would go good with candy apple green? i'm planning on usings 777 transparent green and mixing it with 885(basecoat blender) to make my candy color... and i'm gonna prime in white... then lay down a white basecoat with mostly white pearl with a little bit of yellow pearl... then put my candy over that... i just wanted to know what other color might look good with it? cause i don't want it just to be all candy green... aight... if this makes any sense at all right now...
    Last edited by Guest; 02-18-2006, 01:14 AM.

You're first task as a certified PPG painter is to persuade the good people of the GSR NOT to paint their gas tank with rattle-can spraypaint. :shock:
    Life is too short for bad paint...

Comment

yes sir... i whole heartedly agree with you on that one!! rattle can is totally a waste of money... it's PooP that's all i can say about rattle can... i mean the instant you drop some gas on it... if messes up your paint work... get good paint people... it'll last you a long time... if done right and taken care of...

Comment

Hey man, don't diss the rattle can. Krylon black primer is the defacto standard for rat bikes everywhere! ;P

Not everyone can afford a spraybooth, though the sears powdercoating guns sure work pretty good. Fortunately I have a friend who is buying a heat lamp system for larger things so I'll be able to do my wheels and perhaps my frame.

Congrats on the cert though, RabbitRetard.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
          You're first task as a certified PPG painter is to persuade the good people of the GSR NOT to paint their gas tank with rattle-can spraypaint. :shock:
          Life is too short for bad paint...
          While my rattlecan job looks bad now imagine what the original flat black brake fluid rattered rusted tank would look like now, 4 years later.

Po' man does what he can.

I do have a compressor and paint gun now. I did my wife's bike a while back. I still have much to learn about painting

Comment

not knockin rattle can jobs... just sayin to me its worth the extra money to have a good job done that will last... i used dupli color rattle cans 2 paint the lower half of a car door... matches perfectly and is still holding up pretty good after 2 years...

Comment

Working...
            X