best place to buy drag bars in canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best place to buy drag bars in canada?

anyone know of a good place to order some drag style bars from canada?

I had to buy mine from Pingel in the U.S. for about $500.00 but there isn't any reason you can't have any competent machine shop make you a pair. Pingel's are made of 4130 chrome moly but unless you are building a rocket fast dragbike ordinary metal tubing would work fine. Try googling it.

Paul

This is from www.pingelonline.com

CUSTOM DRAG BRACER BARS

Design your own wheelie bars. If our Universal Drag Bracer Bars will not work for your application, we specialize in building and shipping custom
    Drag Bracer Bars in 1-2 days.

We will need these measurements: See above photos

1. TOP TUBE LENGTH — use a piece of string and measure from top tube mounting hole back to your desired length (remembering wheelie bar wheels will be off the ground approximately 2”).
    TOP TUBE MOUNTING HOLE DIAMETER — our standard is 3/8” with counter bore end. If mounting in a channel, give channel width dimension.
    2. BOTTOM TUBE LENGTH — use a piece of string and measure from bottom tube mounting hole back to your top tube total length.
    3. MOUNTING WIDTH — if you have mounting tabs measure from outside of left tab to outside of right tab. If you have a mounting channel measure from inside of left channel to inside of right channel and also channel width.
    4. TOP TUBE MOUNTING TO BOTTOM TUBE MOUNTING DISTANCE — measure from top tube mounting hole to bottom tube mounting hole.
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

dragbars

My gs1000 has what are, if I remember right, Flanders bars.
      They have a website with all the specs of the different bars
      and can be purchased thru Dennis Kirk online, MAW, etc...
      They are about $50.

Comment

Are you looking for drag style bars or actual drag bars?

The local motorcycle shop should be able to sell you new ones for about $15.00 (US) Or get them on Fleabay
        2010 Honda VFR1200F
        1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
        Being Revisited
        1981 Honda CM400T
        http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Working...
        X