Where to purchase close to original mirrors? 1981 GS650e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to purchase close to original mirrors? 1981 GS650e

Hi folks, recently purchased by first bike and working to get it back closer to original.

The person I bought it from had installed cafe racer style bars, and just had one bar end mirror. I'd like to get left and right mirrors that are installed in the original mounts. Where's a good place to look for mirrors that would at least be close to original-style? I'm located in Canada so purchasing from up here would be a lot easier.

Thanks!

There are turn signals that are made to look OEM. I don't know of anyone making mirrors to look OEM. Try on ebay, put in black rectangular motorcycle mirrors. Scroll through the appx. 100 and see if you can find one that may be close to OEM...Oh shoot, your first post, Welcome and Good luck
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Yes, eBay, Amazon too. Plenty to see that are probably close enough. Be sure of thread diameter and pitch before you buy.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Have you tried the dealer? I bought some for my '82 GS1100E not more than 3 years ago from the dealer. They are OEM Suzuki too!
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Yep, still available... Only $92.00 ea.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks all, found some great looking ones on ebay! Excited to get them on

Comment

Thinking they were less than the OEM $184.00 per pr... I wish I'd mentioned it earlier, the after mkt. mirrors I've had weren't the quality of OEM thus the more reasonable price... Let us know what you think when you get them.

Comment

Still waiting on the new handlebars to come in, but very happy with the mirrors. $50 CAD from ebay, shipped quickly from the UK. We'll see how long they last, but they seem relatively solid.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice big mirrors, actually useful!

Comment

My bike fell over and one mirror popped out of it's mount. I have tried many mirrors, but none gave me the vibration free reflection that the stock Suzuki mirrors gave. They cost a lot of money, so I scour ebay, but they don't come up much, or are badly scratched.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                      My bike fell over and one mirror popped out of it's mount. I have tried many mirrors, but none gave me the vibration free reflection that the stock Suzuki mirrors gave. They cost a lot of money, so I scour ebay, but they don't come up much, or are badly scratched.
                      Did you try Marcel Vlaandere ?
                      Has many parts but if not listed on his website he has a large network and may be able to source them for you.
                      Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                      Bikecliff's website
                      The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

The 650 didn't come with the mirror cushions, but many GS models did. They are rubber dampers that screw into the mirror lug, then the mirror screws into them.

REARVIEW MIRROR CUSHION

56700-45400

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I've tried some of the after mkt. rearview mirror cushions, that look exactly like the OEM part # Ed put up there. But they did nothing for the mirror vibration on neither of my 2 GS1150's. I'm pretty sure the GS1150's didn't come with OEM mirror cushions, but did get vibration dampeners in the bars and on the foot pegs, along with rubber mounts. I never knew why both my 1150's vibrated more than any of my GS750's, GS1000's, or GS1100's, though the 1150's did come with these upgrades. I tried a bunch of different things but never got rid of the vibration on neither of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
                            Hi folks, recently purchased by first bike and working to get it back closer to original.

The person I bought it from had installed cafe racer style bars, and just had one bar end mirror. I'd like to get left and right mirrors that are installed in the original mounts. Where's a good place to look for mirrors that would at least be close to original-style? I'm located in Canada so purchasing from up here would be a lot easier.

Thanks!
                            1983 GS 550 LD
                            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Oem still on a shelf somewhere 83 use per
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                              X