My 82 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 82 1100E

I have been wanting to get the wheels on my bike powder coated black for a while now...I loved the result I got on my 83 750e when I did those..

I think it turned out great!

No signature

What's the finish like? They look a little glossy. I thought powder coating was matte.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      What's the finish like? They look a little glossy. I thought powder coating was matte.
      You can get what ever finish you want....I went for semi gloss
      No signature

Comment

The bike looks even better now. I'm a big fan of black wheels.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yeah, the motorcycle is looking great!
          That power coating is amazing! It sure has come a long way with all the different color options.
          It's not to expensive either. 40 bucks to have a tail plate that I made done.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            Yeah, the motorcycle is looking great!
            That power coating is amazing! It sure has come a long way with all the different color options.
            It's not to expensive either. 40 bucks to have a tail plate that I made done.
            It cost me $120 for both rims and I had them sand blasted first for $90
            Great makeover for $210 imo
            No signature

Comment

I, too, love black wheels on these old Suzukis. It was one of the first things I decided on when I did my own Cooley. It looks great on that bike. They contrast so nice with the other black pieces.
              1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I just can't learn to like the solid black wheels, where's there no contrast, though I know it's in style now days on the new cars and trucks. For me your silver brake lines do help a little... Back in the day I painted the grey sections of my GS wheels black and left the silver spoke edges and rims silver, didn't understand why Suzuki painted them grey in the first place. I guess they figured it out in "83" when they changed to black.... Don't take this as a knock, absolutely love all your stuff... This one has come a long way pretty quick... Congrats.,
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Looks great, Trevor!
                  I was recently quoted $250 for the same process here so i know i am in the ballpark.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Absolutelyfu(kingcool !!!
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Tell us about that front fork brace. Do you think It's lighter than the more common style? More effective? Assuming it didn't come to you on the bike, have you noticed any improvement/difference in the handling?

Does this style of brace serve any other functions, i.e. fender mounting, intended or otherwise?

Since it is attached lower, I suppose it's possible that it's both lighter and more rigid than the standard style.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        Tell us about that front fork brace. Do you think It's lighter than the more common style? More effective? Assuming it didn't come to you on the bike, have you noticed any improvement/difference in the handling?

Does this style of brace serve any other functions, i.e. fender mounting, intended or otherwise?

Since it is attached lower, I suppose it's possible that it's both lighter and more rigid than the standard style.
                        It's an old school fork brace....not sure really how effective it is but I think they look cool as heII
                        No signature

Comment

Looks great Trevor.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Post # 7 said something kind'f got my attention. His black wheels "contrast" so nice with the other black pieces... I'd have thought the opposite, black wheels would match, conform, resemble, or blend in with the other black pieces.... No doubt black wheels are the in thing now days.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

That looks great Trevor ! The only thing that is not shiny on that beast is the exhaust. I doubt if they have a gloss exhaust paint that will stay glossy.
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

Working...
                              X