effex from dupli color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

effex from dupli color

When you find something that makes you just go wow. You want too share it with your friends. Exceptions are girl friends. hehe.

But if your lady is a bike, then its ok.

Effex from dupli color. try it its awesome
    prep parts.
    bondo
    use dupli color sealer on bondo parts or evercoat which ever you prefer.
    Use filler primer from dupli
    Sand out imperfections again. with 500.
    Base coat is suv/ enamel. Spray three coats on. let it harden for at least two weeks or a week.
    Wet sand with 800. use a tack cloth
    spray on another base coat of suv
    let it sit for 10 minutes
    add effex wet too medium wet
    one coat medium wet
    wait 10 mintues
    now a wet coat
    wait 10 minutes
    Now use the premium laquer clear from dupli. i know its not suppose too be compatable, and it breaks up the paint. the tech thought so too till he I told him what I did. the trick is the curing of the base coat.
    One coat wet medium. not dry
    wait 10 minutes
    wet coat heavy
    over lap your spray lightly
    wait ten mintues
    another wet coat
    wait twenty minutes
    one more wet coat
    now it should turn alittle chalky white, no worries it is only moisture
    Now the tech said I should let it sit for at least a month before rubbing it with a buffing compound. But he said if I am careful and don't spill any gas I can ride it as it is. He assured me it would be gas retardant after it cures.
    You be the judge, cost only 50 bucks in cans.
    My son loves it.
    And I hate absoulty hate painting, sanding or finishing. I do really, but I am also a do it yourselfer.

back pedal on the ftp if you want the see the rest. enjoy.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2006, 03:17 PM.

Dupli Color, i am sorry, it truly sucks. I painted a few different parts with it and with in a few days all that paint started to lift and/or chip. I am sorry it isnt gas retardant at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo1982 View Post
      Dupli Color, i am sorry, it truly sucks. I painted a few different parts with it and with in a few days all that paint started to lift and/or chip. I am sorry it isnt gas retardant at all.
      Which dupli-color did you use? engine enamel?

Comment

Diablo, You seem to be doing a wonderful job of resurrecting VERY OLD threads.

The last post on this one was from August, four years ago.

Nobody has seen it since then.

It has been dead and resting peacefully.

The other thread I noticed you posted in was last posted to in 2005, then you brought it back, congratulating the original poster on a job well done.

EDIT: just found another one from 2004.

Last edited by Steve; 12-30-2010, 01:05 AM.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The other thread I noticed you posted in was last posted to in 2005, then you brought it back, congratulating the original poster on a job well done.

LOL! Very funny, Steve. I've had very very good results with Dupli-Color. Just saying now that the thread is back from the dead.

Comment

hey thats whats forums are for to talk about stuff that is on here sorry I riled a cage but sheesh

Comment

CYG

Come back to the forums I want proof. Wheres the pics

Comment

Duplicolor is indeed not very resistant to gas, but does a great job otherwise.

I used clear glitter effex on a previous bike's engine side covers over black gloss and the effect was very good. Looked like it just glowed in the sun.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I used Dupli color and it looked great. Till I spilled gas on it. Is there a good rattle can clear coat that can stand up to a lil spillage?

Comment

2K, it is a spray can with a catalyzer in the can. You mix them together before spraying, by puncturing an inner container. Apparently it's as fuel proof as any expensive two part automotive paint. Costs about $20 something for a can. Do a search, several guys on here have tried it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I'm with you, Steve. I nearly choked when I saw the one from 2004. Brian is asking about paint for Marge's bike. I've known them for at least 5 years and I never even saw that bike. Then I chuckled when I saw how little information was in the original thread. I don't care, personally, but I just wondered what people were thinking.
                      Hey, it's the Internet and this is a forum. Rock on.

Comment

I used it this last summer, covers well, dripped alittle gas on it and no problem. Be sure to use with lots of of ventilation and wear a good paint mask. terrylee

Comment

Working...
                        X