Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have Slipstreamer windshield?

I'm thinking of putting a CF-40 on the 750T. It's the middle one:

If you have one, do you like the quality? How does it compare to National Cycle?

I've got slipstreamers on my Honda's. Smaller than the ones you posted. Good quality and easy to take on and off. They work well.

(p.s. You notice the bikes that are modeling those screens) :-\" 8-)

Comment

I have the S-02 model Slipstreamer on one of my bikes and just bought the S-08 model for a bike I'm picking up next month. I was behind the S-02 for my trip to Nova Scotia and around the Cabot Trail, and it served me well. I ordered some hardware from the company about a month ago. The girl on the phone seemed to be of the blonde persuasion and it took two weeks, but I did get the parts and the charge was reasonable.

P.S. what dealer are the models you show from? I like the 24" height. If I had seen that one I might have gotten it instead of my S-08 (20")
      Last edited by dpep; 08-22-2006, 12:01 PM.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

I've got a "Spitfire" by slipstreamer. It works well, but I want a cafe fairing.

Comment

I have a Slipstreamer on my 1100. It's their Hellfire SS-24 model. You can see it on the current BOM. http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_photo.htm

I had trouble with the lower mounts. It was supposed to attach to the top of the forks with a couple of clamps. It wouldn't fit because of the headlight brackets. I had to fab some lower mounts which attach to the top fork clamps on the triple.

Other than that, it works great. I sure do miss it when I ride the 1000.

I am considering getting a National Cycle windshield for the 1000. Probably their Street Shield EX.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2006, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I have one on my bike and love it. Sorry, this pic in the GSR gallery for 1982 is facing the wrong way... check out my website for a better look.

I like it.

Wayne

Comment

I've got an Enterprise model "huge" on my T. It went on nice and has great coverage.

I haven't been real pleased with the way things keep getting loose. A split washer has prevented a thumb screw from constanly backing out, but the mount on the windshield keeps getting loose. Both problems on the right side??
              Hondas
              '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
              Suzuki
              '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
              Kaw
              '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

I haven't been real pleased with the way things keep getting loose. A split washer has prevented a thumb screw from constanly backing out, but the mount on the windshield keeps getting loose. Both problems on the right side??
                Now that you mention it, I had the same problem. I replaced the thumb screws with allen wrench set screws. I also drilled a indentation into the rod for the top mount. The set screw tightens into the indent, and the rod can't slip down. A little loctite on the set screws helps too.

Comment

I have had several slipstreamers and had had the same problem with the screws, I used socket head set screws for a while but then change to square head set screws because I had problems with the socket heads cracking if they were tightened to much.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                    P.S. what dealer are the models you show from? I like the 24" height. If I had seen that one I might have gotten it instead of my S-08 (20")
                    You'd never have guessed:

I think the one you are referring to is the CF-50.

What I like about these shields is that they are tall and narrow. I just want something to
                    get the wind above my visor to reduce the noise. I still want the air over my hands and arms.

I did notice this from the Product Description:

*** The CF series are light duty screens and not manufactured for high speeds and touring. ***
                    Last edited by DimitriT; 08-23-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

WOW! Great prices at amazon.com. I paid about 15% more for my Slipstreamer from bikebandit.com. And the National Cycle shield I'm thinking of getting is about 20% less, too. Amazon.com may be a real sleeper as a source for accessories.

Comment

That Amazon link is to Motorcycle Accessories Warehouse which is where I bought my last shield, the S-08. They have a good selection and some good prices, but no single site I searched had the best price on all models.

Once you narrow down the model you want plug "Slipstreamer" and the number into Google or Dogpile and see who can do ya best. Be sure to check if free shipping or how much. That makes a difference in some cases.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by DimitriT View Post
                          I'm thinking of putting a CF-40 on the 750T. It's the middle one:

If you have one, do you like the quality? How does it compare to National Cycle?
                          man,i have a slipstreamer iii i will sell you.it is on my gs 1000,has about 500 miles on the road on it.i paid 170.00 for it,will sell for 75.00.pics are any bike magazine.home email is crusierlover02@aol.com
                          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

No slipstreamer, I went with a Memphis Shades (They sold and installed it for at the JP Cycles shop in Sturgis). It is similar.

Comment

I have no experience with Slipstreamer, but since you mentioned National Cycle, I'll put in my $.02 worth. I have the National Cycle Plexifaring III. I got it on ebay for $110. Shortly after I got it I crashed and broke the windshield. I contacted National Cycle and they replaced the plastic (no hardware) for $65.00. Seemed like a good deal. The only problem I had was with fit. I had to trim the headlight opening to make it clear the shock tubes. I looked at Slipstreamer, but they didn't offer the style I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                              X