Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical: deleting warning light control panel

Hello,

I have an 82 GSX1100 (EZ) and was thinking of deleting the mass of wiring that is associated with the “CHECK CONTROL PANEL”

Reason is I am not using the dash and want to clear out the space for added frame bracing etc.
    It seems like most wires run into the box then out again to the appro. Electrical item and then there are also feeds to the dash warning light cluster.

It appears I can bypass the box altogether (going off other diagrams).

Has anybody done this?

Cheers

Ed

I removed my console all together. I just taped off the connections where the harness branched to the console. But I am pretty sure your things aren't as simple as main was.

Comment

Hi,

I have already taped all the conenctions but the black box and loads of wires hanging about look crap and take up space.

i have begun unpicking the excess wires.

will keep you posted on what happens.

Cheers

Ed

Comment

Yea keep us posted I'm thinking of the same thing but all the wires holy ****!

Comment

Hi,

I have completed the job.

very easy as the control panel basically just piggy backs your loom.

the only important hook ups after deleting all the warning lights etc are these.

Red White to white wire for headlight (hi beam)

red yellow to yellow for head light (low beam)

red blue (brake light switches) join to white wire from tail light

brown from ignition switch to brown tailight (this is for parking light).

just trace all other wires back to source. and cut where they piggy back the loom.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed
          PS on the upside my headlights are now brighter (when bike is not running).

Comment

Working...
          X