Hard trunk for a GS450L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard trunk for a GS450L?

Hey all-- I have been looking for, but have not yet found, a locking hard trunk / tailbag that will fit my '87 GS450L. It looks like they have been made by one company or another, from a few Google-->eBay search results. I'm brand new to bikes and the bike-accessory world in general. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Honestly-
    Keep searching eBay and the boards/
    Don't think you'll find one anywhere else anymore.

Other option:
    Get a cheap wire fed Mig and some metal make your own and buy a trunk from JCWhitney~

I made my own for my KLR650, and my GSX1100F.

GL,
    Ron

Comment

I just use a sissy bar bag and saddle bags, but if you want to mount a hard trunk here's an idea. Look on ebay and in some junk yards for a high backrest / luggage rack combo...there are some pretty nice ones out there. Get some good measurements and look at Walmart or some other store at some of the plastic tool boxes they have. You will probably have to make the brackets yourself but it will relativly cheap and easy.
      1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
      The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

If you have a luggage rack, you can get a Givi trunk. I bought one through Arizona Motorsports. They make several different sizes from 30 liter to 45 liter.
        JP
        1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
        1992 Concours
        2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
        2007 FJR

Comment

Working...
        X