This is so sweet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so sweet!

This is my idea of a fun ride, even if it is a HONDA.

Sometimes you go looking for a great feature motorcycle, and sometimes, as in the case of Armand Beaupre's classic 1970 Honda CB750 Four chopper, one finds you just standing by the roadside.

Pretty cool.
    Cooler still with a GS1000 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Man View Post
      This is my idea of a fun ride, even if it is a HONDA.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/cus...cb750_chopper/
      THERE IS A GUY IN AUBREY TEXAS THAT HAS ONE LIKE THAT.ONLY HE DIDNT USE A HARLEY FRAME.HIS IS THE IDEA I GOT MINE FROM FOR THE FORWARD CONTROLS.THE CB 750 IS MUCH LIKE OUR BIKES,OR MAYBE IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND.HIS RADICAL CHOPPER IS TOO MUCH FOR ME, BUT THE FORWARD CONTROLS MAKE ANY GS MORE COMFORTABLE.THE HONDAS HAVE A BIG ADVANTAGE THOUGH SINCE THERE IS A WAY TO CONNECT BOTH SIDES BETWEEN THE EXHAUSTS AND THE FRAME DOWNTUBES.THERE IS NOT THAT LUXURY WITH THE GS BIKES.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

My other bike is a CB750 chopper built in the 70's, fun ride but I do wish it had some forwards. The biggest problem I see with forwards on any inline four is they are either too wide or too high. If you are low enough for comfort you are too wide and scraping your pegs in the corners, of course this is form the standpoint of a chooper which is usually much lower than a stock bike; and if you put them above the clutch it is just too high for comfort, I know I don't want [I]my[I] legs parallel to the ground. There is a large gallery of CB750 chops at www.hondachoppers.com

Comment

Pretty cool.
          Cooler still with a GS1000 engine.
          Hey I just happen to have a spare GS1000 motor. hmmmm Where can I get a frame? Is it possible to make a frame? I have a welder.

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave View Post
            Hey I just happen to have a spare GS1000 motor. hmmmm Where can I get a frame? Is it possible to make a frame? I have a welder.
            Me too. I was thinking dune buggy, go cart, quad. something like that.

Comment

Working...
            X