Windshield Photos for '82 GS850L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Photos for '82 GS850L

Anybody have any photos to post here of '82 GS850L's or similar with windshields installed so I can see if I want to get one for mine? I used to have a small smoked deflector from National Cycle (I think) a long time ago, and it was pretty cheesy looking and not too structurally solid. Not into Vetter/Windjammer bulk, but would consider plexi-fairing/windshield either with or without hand covers. Don't think I need lowers, just uppers. Concerned with functionality as well as looks, smoked vs. tinted, etc. Any ideas or photos appreciated. Seen many on websites but would like to see what they look like on our GS bikes. Thanks. Larry.

My bike had a full size windshield on it when I bought it. That was the first thing to go when I got it home. It looks pretty goofy in my estimation. If I ever get a free afternoon and a wild hair, I will see if I can't get some pics and post them. BTW, my bike is the well-beaten twin of yours.

Comment

Thanks. Look forward to seeing them.

Comment

Rocketman,

Have you checked the gallery? There are pictures of my (wife's) bike there. Here is a link:

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

This is on my GS1000 and so far really happy with it.
          Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thanks for the advice Steve. I like the looks of the Givi on your bike, not too big, and not too small and looks like its built pretty solid. Is yours a lite tint, dark tint or no tint? Also checked out the photos of your wife's bike...who is the manufacturer of her wind screen? Out of curiosity, which do you like better? Also, any benefit at all to her model which appears to go lower down by your legs, and provides hand protection as well? Any handling issues when turning or in high winds?

Thanks again,
            Larry

Comment

Hey Sandy, thanks again for the photos & the inspiration. Just odered a GIVI A605 for my '82 GS850L. Should be here in 4-5 days. Drop shipping from NC to NY. Will let you know what I think once its here.

Comment

Fairly opaque in this shot, but here's mine before I modified it heavily:

Comment

Those windshields don't look too bad! I'm looking at an '82 750T that has a Fairing (complete with radio and storage compartments) on it. The first step, if my offer is accepted, will be to remove it and remount the headlight. Then again, with the cold coming on, maybe it'd be worth leaving?

Comment

Working...
                  X