GS750ES case guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750ES case guard

I bought an old '83 GS750ES for my girlfriend. This is her first bike and I would like to install 3 points engine guards on it . Any links where I can find those.

Thanks

I'd check ebay first. Considering my experience with a GS750 as a second bike, I'd have to be extremely confident in my girlfriend's abilities to give it to her as a first. I'm the kinda guy who bought his first bike and rode like a natural immediately too. I remember trying to teach my one girlfriend how to ride, and it took her months to learn what I'd taught others in half an hour. Scary stuff.

Comment

Case Guards

I JUST (today) got a real nice set of case guards for my '79 GS750L from a place in Connecticut called Cycle Salvage. --- $45 + $12 shipping (UPS) I called yesterday and they came in one day. I've bought stuff from them in the past and I really like the way they do business. Here's their Email address--Info@cycle-salvage.com I hope they have what you're looking for. JT

Comment

Thanks Isaac,

I'm an eBay freak and been searching for a while but never seen one yet for that particular model. I saw a couple for a GS550 model. Maybe that would fit...I dont know.

I bought the bike as a restoration project. I did an '83 Katana 1100 last winter and was really satisfied with the final result. The 750 had only 3800 km or 2500 miles on it so there isn't much to do to bring to almost new condition. I took a ride before bringing it to the garage and found it really not intimidating. The seat is faily low with a straight sitting position.
        The power isn't bad for an old 750 but I was more hooked on my Kat.

I asked my girlfriend if she would like to drive instead of just sitting back and she was trilled. She's the kind of girl who learn fast and have a great sense of mecanical knowledge so I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to learn to ride it.
        Anyway the engine guard is just an insurance in case she forget to put her feet down at an intersection. I must know, it once happen to me in my early years :-)

Anyway, if I dont find anything, I will build some from scratch but would rather spend my time at other tasks

Comment

'Fraid I don't have any advice for you about engine guards. Got a comment, though.
          I am looking at an '82 GS750T. It's got a fairing and engine guards with road pegs on it. Guess I'm used to the big guards, and this smaller one looked like just big mounts for the road pegs. I'm sure it was installed before the previous owner, so there's no telling where it came from.

Comment

I have a set of black case guards for '83 and up GS750E/ES/700. They're new, but have some shelf scuffs on them.

I bought them to use on my '83, but went with a chin fairing that won't let me use the case guards. I got mine from eBay (NOS) - they do come up every once in a great while...

I'll try to get some photos posted over the next day or so - let me know if you're interested.

-Q!
            Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X