4-1 exhaust for an '83 gs750es?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillBBB
    You had to grind a bit around the edge of the header flanges to make them fit into the exhaust ports right? I assume you are using a 4-1 pipe as well. Also, did you have any issues with the pipe fit and your oil cooler lines?
    Yeah, the header flanges where a bit too big to fit in the head of the 83 Bike so they had to be ground down. It is the V&H 4-1 header. The interesting thisn is that there wasn't much of a change in the 83 header. The pipes do look very slightly smaller, but they are also made of really thin steel which may account for their looking smaller. I think for the 83 MY V&H decided to get cheap with the pipe they were using. But when placed next to each other you really can't tell much of a difference beween the 2 headers.

Comment

i have a hindle exhaust system on my '83 750 es and i love it. has to fabricate a bracket to support the rear piece but no big deal. sounds excellent. not too loud. only drawback is having to remove front section to change the oil. but it comes off easily. looks excellent all polished up!

Comment

youll be hard pressed to find anything new to fit your bike correctly vance stopped making the pipe for the 83-84 750 and 85 700 last spring i know i searched all last year for one so i bought a pipe for a 82 750 and cut the flange off and it fit fine the only problem is mac headers offer little power improvement at all but right now im working on another that should be done when the weather here breaks in cincy ill let you know when im done also for some ideas check out the gallery photos cause there is alot of guys with custom made pipes with pics on the gallery e-mail them and they can give you better insight

Comment

84gs750

I had an 84 gs750e that had a LAZER exhaust, I've never been able to find another one myself but it looked and sounded fantastic so you might want to watch for one

Comment

Working...
          X