Not bad for an afternoon's work + pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWorx81 View Post
    Are those braided brake lines? Any good places to source those? I am def thinking about replacing the stock lines on mine.

Like the bike turned out really well. I can't wait till I get mine back running. I'm at the point with the engine off the frame, and getting ready to clean the frame and swing arm up and spray those. I love your carbs by the way, the black looks great, I might go a different color with mine, not sure, but it looks sweet!!
    They are braided lines. I bought them from Summit. They are Earls, and I measured the lengths I needed (3 line system) and bought prefabricated ones. I bought all the fittings and such from Summit as well. I think I spent around 90 bucks for the front, and 40 for the rear. I did have a post on here when I switched the front end to a dual disc set-up...

Not too much info, but a little
    Place your GS performance, tuning or mods related questions in this forum.

The rear is a goodrich bought the same way

Comment

That looks awesome! Nice job on the whole project!
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Long Time Comin

So finally, I got ol' Suzy running again. It was actually much easier than I thought. I turned her over till the oil light went off, put some gas in her, gave her full choke, and cranked. Took about 30 sec to catch once. Cranked again, and she caught twice. As they say, third times the charm. two cylinders to start with...Ok, lets check the air screws. Set them all to 3 turns out, Now shes starting to run smooth, still seems to miss a little and I think only three cylinder are running (cuz #2 cyl header is lots cooler than the others). Hmmmm....check plug, its got gas. Look at the carbs, oops, forgot to plug the vacuum connection on #2. Plug her off, and start her up. No choke, purrs like a kitten. WAAAHOOO!

Now, to drink a celebratory beer, and this weekend, I should get her done.

Comment

Awesome! So what was wrong with your clutch? Very well built.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
            Awesome! So what was wrong with your clutch? Very well built.

Nothing Really, Just a little stiff after sitting so long. I have it freed up now. Thanks for the complement

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H View Post
              Nothing Really, Just a little stiff after sitting so long. I have it freed up now. Thanks for the complement
              That sure does look bopis project he did a long time ago.Your bike looks great.Anyone interested, if you dont mind fiberglass you can get a rear fender like that by clicking on fiberglass motorcycle fenders.They are cheap.
              future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
                That sure does look bopis project he did a long time ago.Your bike looks great.Anyone interested, if you dont mind fiberglass you can get a rear fender like that by clicking on fiberglass motorcycle fenders.They are cheap.

Actually, Bopi's bike looks like mine. He used mine as inspiration, He just finished much quicker than I did...He says as much somewhere in this topic.

Comment

Working...
                X