Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need opinions on overall look - paint etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need opinions on overall look - paint etc.

I need some opinions on finishing off my bike - it's almost there (I think), but needs some final tweaking...

Appearance mods:
    Front - I know the headlight needs to be raised for one, and I'm putting lower bars on it, without the crossbar. I was thinking of going with the KTM orange bars.

Seat/cowl - I have a mint bandit seat, and tail cowl, so that might go on, or I'll just use the seat and keep the GS tail. I'd like to shorten the tail so it doesn't stick out a mile past the rear tire. I also plan on shortening the exhaust can.

Rear Wheel will be replaced with GSXR one to match the front - *might* put on the GSXR swingarm.

Colour scheme - I was thinking to powdercoat the engine cases matte black, and paint the tank, tail & sidepanels a metallic orange to go with the KTM orange bars.

Thoughts/suggestions/photoshopped ideas/advice not to do it etc???

Another pic..

Comment

Nice man. Your bike looks well balanced. Well done. \\/

Now all you need is a radial rear tire to match the front.

Comment

I know, I know - I have one on a wheel ready to go, but just have to get some heat/power in the new garage - and find the time. I also have to decide whether I'm just going to put the wheel on and do a chain conversion (520? 530?), or do the whole swingarm/single shock conversion. I'm kinda liking the ZRX shocks so might start with just the wheel.

what do you think about my idea for the colour combo? Think it will look good?

Comment

Have you thought of trimming the seat???
          I quess it depends on your height though.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

An orange like this??:arrow:
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Yeah, I LOVE that orange...and the bike.

I'll probably put the bandit seat on, dunno yet. I have to play with it a bit and see. There's a guy in town with a shortened seat on his GS, and it looks hot too.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnay View Post
                I know, I know - I have one on a wheel ready to go, but just have to get some heat/power in the new garage - and find the time. I also have to decide whether I'm just going to put the wheel on and do a chain conversion (520? 530?), or do the whole swingarm/single shock conversion. I'm kinda liking the ZRX shocks so might start with just the wheel.

what do you think about my idea for the colour combo? Think it will look good?
                530 chain conversion with an offset front sprocket and a 4.5x17" rear rim will get you a 160 radial rear in your stock swinger. I've got the same setup waiting in the wings for when my front end conversion is done. What kind of rim and tire did you get? I hear you about the heated garage - getting cold lately!

Your color combo looks great - I like the red and silver.

Comment

Working...
                X