seats: flat or rounded top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seats: flat or rounded top?

Just scored a nice new stock seat, which means I can now modify the old torn one! Eventually with a leather cover, no less, based on old skills from shop class 40-odd years ago.

Seems like a relatively flat-topped (i.e. flat from side to side) seat would be more comfy for long sits. I've ridden a few work-type ATVs that had wide, flat seats and they seem nice. But looking around, most m/c seats seems to have a rounded top, partly for ease of putting down a foot at stops I suppose.

Anyone have experience with sitting on a flat seat, and how comfortable it is?

Most of the riding around here is relatively long flat uninteresting highway. And I'm tall enough that seat height is not an issue.

Eventually I'll try various styles, but I'd sure like to also hear any others' experiences too.

Originally posted by rkubik View Post
    Just scored a nice new stock seat, which means I can now modify the old torn one! Eventually with a leather cover, no less, based on old skills from shop class 40-odd years ago.

Seems like a relatively flat-topped (i.e. flat from side to side) seat would be more comfy for long sits. I've ridden a few work-type ATVs that had wide, flat seats and they seem nice. But looking around, most m/c seats seems to have a rounded top, partly for ease of putting down a foot at stops I suppose.

Anyone have experience with sitting on a flat seat, and how comfortable it is?

Most of the riding around here is relatively long flat uninteresting highway. And I'm tall enough that seat height is not an issue.

Eventually I'll try various styles, but I'd sure like to also hear any others' experiences too.

FLAT is the preffered surface for a comfortable seat. The more top curvature, the more the seat "splits" your "cheeks" causing discomfort. Corbin's saddles are always much flatter than the original OE seat, hence why they are arguably the #1 most popular replacement seat.

Comment

Working...
    X