Extreme Modification II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Modification II

This tail piece is from a mid 80's Honda VF Interceptor.
    I cut the out the hole for the tail / brake light, replaced the key mechanism w/ a small red light that is connected to the brake light.

Originally posted by Hector Penalosa View Post
    This tail piece is from a mid 80's Honda VF Interceptor.
    I cut the out the hole for the tail / brake light, replaced the key mechanism w/ a small red light that is connected to the brake light.

Comment

I love the look of this bike, but I don't know if I could get myself to ride with only one mirror and no turn signals. Which handlebars are those? And what did that gas tank come off of?

Comment

Hmm, i kinda like that.. Work looks clean...

Riding without mirrors would bother me, but who really uses turn signals anymore? I usually just use my hands.
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

Where's the horn and hi/lo switches? I would have put all these posts in the same thread, less chance of one getting lost after a while...

Does look neat tho.

Comment

Hey, I like the flat minimal style. Would you mind posting a side view?

Comment

Nice job,

a little FYI, you can insert up to 5 images per single post. It's a less cluttered way of showing your bike, than taking up server space with severall different posts with one pic

Comment

extreme modification II (again)

Originally posted by andrewclaycomb View Post
                I love the look of this bike, but I don't know if I could get myself to ride with only one mirror and no turn signals. Which handlebars are those? And what did that gas tank come off of?
                The tank is stock, and the handlebars are dragbars ,which I cut off
                1 & 7/8 of an inch at the each end.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
                  Where's the horn and hi/lo switches? I would have put all these posts in the same thread, less chance of one getting lost after a while...

Does look neat tho.
                  The horn and the hi/lo switches are in a parts box now, along w/ a bunch of other parts I took off of the bike.
                  I like the minimalist look.

Comment

side view request

Originally posted by trev.pa View Post
                    Hey, I like the flat minimal style. Would you mind posting a side view?
                    Here's the request:

It's still in the works. I'm debating if I should paint the bike gun metal gray
                    w/ some flat black touches. At the moment I have it painted w/flat black primer. The seat still needs to be worked a bit more. And the space between the tail piece and the side covers ( under the rear ,side edge of the seat ) needs something. Perhaps a rectangular red reflector.
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2007, 08:36 PM. Reason: misspelled words

Comment

That looks great, I really like the minimal style you have going on. Is that the ignition on the side panel? I would be a bit worried about hitting it with my leg and snapping the key off. Although, I suppose your thigh would be above and to the front of that. The drum tuning crank is a nice touch on the headlight bucket!

Comment

Originally posted by steely View Post
                        That looks great, I really like the minimal style you have going on. Is that the ignition on the side panel? I would be a bit worried about hitting it with my leg and snapping the key off. Although, I suppose your thigh would be above and to the front of that. The drum tuning crank is a nice touch on the headlight bucket!
                        Hi Steely, I actually sat on the bike and figured out the best place to mount the tignition switch on the right side cover. I was concerned about the leg hitting it as well.
                        In regards to the headlight bucket. I wanted to avoid the common bolt head fastener, So I started thinking of other type fasteners that I had laying around the house that were not motorcycle or car related,and I found some in my extra drum parts box. I tried them on the bike, and they ended up looking better than I expected.

Safe riding! H

Comment

I'm NOT going to start with the drummer jokes...

...but if anyone else has any, please feel free!
                          1979 GS 1000

Comment

What's the difference between a drummer and a pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of four!:-D

BTW, nice bike....

Comment

Well, ONE!

How can you tell if a drummer is at your door?

The knock slows down! (insert rimshot here)
                              1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
                              X