Suzuki paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki paint?

Anyone know where I can find touch up paint for my bike? Like order it from the manufacturer or something? Specifically looking for the teal color, thanks.

-Max

There's a couple of links to custom places on here, do a search. Pricey though.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I'm also interested in this, some chips on the ridge of the side of the gas tank I want to keep from rustin.
      Nick
      The pearly white on the gs700EF

Comment

Automotive paint suppliers now have the technology to scan paint and get a formula to mix exact colors. Just take a body piece and In short order a can of paint in your flavor is presented to you. Just remember automotive paints are very spendy, particularly the red shades. pints cost more than quarts,quarts cost more than gallons when based on the per ounce price. Be prepared to answer the burning question about enamel, or clearcoat/basecoat. With older paints this is the only way I know how to get an exact match.

Comment

I've used one of those scanners at work and there great. The down side is they require about a 4" flat surface of good paint. Not that easy to find on an older bike. Ours takes 3 shots and averages the readings. For best scratch and fuel/chemical resistance use urethane paint.
          Last edited by Buddy; 03-04-2007, 12:52 AM.
          09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
          83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
          81 GS650G for the wife.
          82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
          I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
          If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
          Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Thanks guys, I had no idea that such technology existed. Looks like thats the only option to resore my bike to its former glory, but well woth it IMO.

Comment

color rite is the only place to get oem touch up paint.

Comment

Originally posted by doug g View Post
                color rite is the only place to get oem touch up paint.
                Definately the only place to go. Pen sticks are about 10 bucks, maybe a little more. Luckily your bike should be a single stage. The newer bikes, sometimes Ive had to order 3 pens just for one color touch up and they are expensive. I ordered 2 pints for a customer to paint an extended busa tail and they were 80 bucks each, so be ready to fork over the cash if you need enough to repaint a tank or sidecovers. I dont remember if they allow orders from individuals or if you will need to have your dealer order it for you.

Comment

Only goes down to 1986 otherwise I would have ordered... can you go older by phone??

Dan
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                    http://www.colorrite.com/

Only goes down to 1986 otherwise I would have ordered... can you go older by phone??

Dan
                    I cant say for sure. Give them a call, they are usually very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                    X