Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS1000 engine bolt kit...work on an 850?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 engine bolt kit...work on an 850?

Saw a pretty nice price on a 92 piece engine bolt kit, and since I just invested a little over $100 in gaskets...I'm going to have the engine torn down anyways...sooooooooooo....... The kit is listed for "all 8 valve GS1000/1100's and that are shaft drive". I've got an '82 850L...shaftie obviously...just wondering if anyone knew if the 1000/1100 bolt kit would or would not work. Guess this could be either appearance or tech...

By the way...just a really big thanks for everyone on here...I've been pretty motivated this spring...I've never torn down and rebuilt a motorcycle before. I posted it once before, but I'll say it again, I'm keeping what I think is a pretty good photo record of everything...pics will be posted, just need someone to guide me to where I can find instructions for putting them in a post.

Yes, the 1000 shaft motor is almost identical to an 850- externaly. The bolt kit will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesel View Post
      Yes, the 1000 shaft motor is almost identical to an 850- externaly. The bolt kit will be the same.

Beautiful...thanks! :-D

Comment

92 pieces?? Where? Best I have found so far is 56 pieces I have an 83 850GLD

Comment

Working...
        X