Gauges revamped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauges revamped!

I decided to update the guages on my 82 GS750E. First step in taking it apart was to repaint the case Krylon Ultra-Flat Black. It really gives it an OEM appearance. Once inside I used a House of Kolor Red to revive the tach and all needles. A few needles broke from being very brittle, but superglue (and an instant superglue agent) helped solve the problem. I also painted the bezel inside a metallic silver. Came out looking 1000% better.

I'll try to get some better pics tommorrow.

How did you get the white lettering to look new? You paint that by hand???

Comment

The white wasn't that bad. The needles and the red print on the tach were completely faded and that's all I painted on the gauges themselves. The trim ring on the inside is now silver as well. Thats the extent of the paint internally. Outside, I painted the case as well as the letters "IGNITION" Cleaning the lenses with windex really helped.

Here is OEM. You can see how the needles are orange vs the new red:

Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

How did you get inside the gages? I like the red needles, but as far as I know, the gages are sealed on my bike.

Comment

I had to get a small flathead screwdriver and pry up the edge of the metal ring that surrounds the gauge. I just worked my way around prying a little at a time until I could pull it off. Even if the edges are beat up, it's not visable when assembled. Just don't turn the ring into an oval or something. lol

Comment

hmmm...must be your gages are of a different design than mine. Maybe not, I'll have to look for a metal ring. Mine appear to have the gage face (clear part) permanently attached to the body. I like the look of your though. If I can get in there, I may try to make a new clock face...

Comment

Post a pic of yours apart and I'll help

Comment

Working...
              X