dual filament LED Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual filament LED Question

I am installing for rear directionals two dual filament lights. I want to use one filament for the directional and the other as a supplemental braking light. The filaments are one high and one low (one is brighter than the other).

My question is, should the brake light be the high or low? I was thinking the brake light low and the directional high...

Lets See, I've got a coin here somewhere.........

50/50 proposition.........

The brake light overshadows (?) the tail light during normal operation so visability during a routine stop isn't an issue. Drivers need to be aware that your stopping is the primary and more immediate action.

But regarding the turn signals, wouldn't that be the action you want to convey to other drivers. So If both are used simutaneously, which action is the more immediate and pressing one.

Ask the DOT............

Comment

On trailers and cars, the taillight is the lower power light, and both the brakes and turn signals are on the high power side. I think they do this by interupting the ground, but I'm not exactly sure. I've been trying to figure this one out as well. let me know what you come up with.

Comment

Where did you find dual filament LED's?

Comment

Working...
        X