850L's with windshields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

850L's with windshields?

Has anyone installed a windshield on their GL, and if so I'd like to see pics? I want to install one for comfort reasons, but would like to see some "after'" pics so I can ensure the best looks also. TIA!!

Torry

Not the best view i will try and get a pic from the front

Comment

I don't have any front views. But I can tell you that I have a really small windshield on my 850, I don't know who makes it but it says spitfire on it. It is waaaaayyyyyyyy to small, I still get hit with bugs small rocks...and even a bat last summer ( good thing I had a helmet on ). Just my opinion.

Comment

Slipsteamer makes the spitfire shield, I have one on my 1000. Only 60 bucks on JP Cycle.

Comment

Here's a Pic of my 1000G with windshield. TPO had it on, I took it off the first day but will put it back on for the Yosemite trip...

Dan
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Here is my 650 with a windshield. Not sure who made it. It has the word "Spirit" on it. Anyone got a clue on that one?

Comment

I definitely like the looks of the spirit and the first one. Do they do a good job with deflection? I've seen the shorter ones on e-bay for around $60, but I don't think they would deflect enough.

Thanks for the replies all.

Comment

Deflection

For the amount of miles I have put on the 650 in the last year, I have to say the Spirit windshield works very well. I'm 5'10" and when I get on the highway I just have to lean down slightly to get the top of my helmet out of the wind.

I asked a friend who has experience riding both with and without windshield which he preferred. He said the windshield was good for long runs on the highway. His girlfriend liked it because without the windshield she always felt like the wind was trying to get in between them on the highway.

Comment

i have the smoked one that says spitfire on it....

Comment

Here's a couple of shots of my '82 GS850L with a Givi windshield I installed last Summer. Hope these help.

And here's one before the shield just for reference (and to show off a little!! Sorry guys...)

Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X