removing vetter fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing vetter fairing

Hi, I just bought a 1981 gs1000g with the vetter fairing and am planning on removing it. I am wondering if the headlight in the fairing is the same as the stock headlight so that I can reuse it? I will just need to find a headlight bracket and some turnsignals. Is there anything else I am missing? Thanks for all the great info.

Steve

Hi Steve. If you have a Vetter Windjammer fairing it has a different Headlight than what came stock on your bike. Here is what you will need if you don't have the stock parts. A stock Headlight Bucket and headlight, The headlight brackets and there are also at least two rubber and two metal washer type things that go on the top and bottom of each headlight brackets. I know that most if not all the stock washers are no longer available from Suzuki. If there is a Motocycle salvage yard near you you might be able to find what you need. When I removed my fairing last Spring from my 80' GS1000L I had everything I needed but the washers for the brackets. I went to a few hardware stores lookin for washers and found nothing that would work. I finally found the right sizes at Tractor Supply Store. Your 81' might have a slightly different setup than the L but thats what I had to do. Good Luck.

Dennis

Comment

never mind, my bad.

Comment

It should be easy to find the headlight bucket on Ebay. Also, there have been several threads under Appearance Mods on using headlights from more recent bikes. Light become available any time a bike is parted-out, and they don't usually fail, so prices aren't high.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
        X