Anyone Ever Fit A Trailer Hitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Ever Fit A Trailer Hitch?

I would like to put a hitch on my gs 1000L and be able to pull a small trailer to a bike rally if i wanted to.I realize it isnt a cruiser,but it is a tourer.if you type in trailer hitch for gs 1000 it takes you to a site that makes it look like this one hitch will fit just about every suzuki.No one may be interested.If not,thats ok too.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

What site are you looking at that shows the universal hitch?

I have no doubt that the 1000 will pull the trailer, just remember that pulling a trailer changes your bike into a whole 'nuther animal. I have pulled trailers for almost 30 years, so it's pretty much second nature to me, but I still have to remind myself to be careful when pulling the trailer.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      What site are you looking at that shows the universal hitch?

I have no doubt that the 1000 will pull the trailer, just remember that pulling a trailer changes your bike into a whole 'nuther animal. I have pulled trailers for almost 30 years, so it's pretty much second nature to me, but I still have to remind myself to be careful when pulling the trailer.

Yes,i decided against the whole idea.I need a 900 pound hog for a trailer thing.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

There was a guy we saw at Road America that had a homemade hitch/wheelie-bar on a 1000 Ninja. Was kinda neat, it got him a lot of attention.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
          There was a guy we saw at Road America that had a homemade hitch/wheelie-bar on a 1000 Ninja. Was kinda neat, it got him a lot of attention.
          i BET IT DID.i ACTUALLY FOUND A SITE THAT MAKES ONE FOR THE GS 1000 FOR 280 DOLLARS.oops,sorry about the caps,i forgot to unlock.

Comment

Working...
          X