The Beginnings of a Little Cafe Racer ..... GS250 Twin ...Cafenated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AOD View Post
    Oops...I meant HOW MUCH did you sell it for???
    Under $2000 Over $1500 :-D

Comment

CB500 update: I ditched the ape hangers for some clubman bars, but I didn't like how they cramped the area around the triple tree. I could barely fit the master cylinder and other parts. I ditched them for superbike bars, which makes the riding position really comfortable.

I spent quite a bit of time on the front end suspension and brakes. New fork seals, new fork end caps with air fittings, race springs? (found on ebay), shimmed the spring with some washers, 15W fork oil, and new fork gaiters / boots.

On the brakes, new Kawasaki ZX250/500 master cylinder, stainles steel lines, caliper rebuilt w/ new seal, piston cleaned, Ferodo Platinum brake pads.

I love the brake feel with the new master cylinder. The lever travels farther, but you have much better feel. The handling is pretty nice with a firm front end...time well spent.

The rear shocks are a $9 pair of S&W shocks I picked up off Ebay. Unfortunately they're not rebuildable...but they seem to work okay. I may put a pair of MDI cheapies on it if they act up.

Cheers!

~Adam

Comment

That's a sharp lookin lil "H" bike Adam. You gonna go full cafenated with it? You'll find alot of sweet performance and cosmetic upgrades for the hondas, lots easier to cafe than the GS i've found so far, at least from that standpoint. Parts seem easier to come by, and swaps and upgrades (as long as you stay with honda stuff) dont seem as far fetched.

Comment

I'll probably try to ride it this year and see how it does...if it turns out to be a good bike, I may do more with it. While I love how light the bike is, it's really underpowered. I haven't ridden a half-liter bike in 2 years...

It's still a blast to ride and has a GREAT sound. I need to get a few audio clips of it.

~Adam

Comment

I'll be watching this with great interest. I have the photos of your last 250 cafe project regularly on my desktop-it appears to me to be the essence of motorcycling is at its most basic-no toys, radios, flags or bodywork-just a hell of a lot of fun.

Comment

did you sell it to that cop that pulled ya over or what?

Comment

I really loved this buildup, I'm aiming for something similar, but I'm gonna be honest, I suck with fiberglass....maybe I could find a tail section similar somewhere around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aubra View Post
                  I really loved this buildup, I'm aiming for something similar, but I'm gonna be honest, I suck with fiberglass....maybe I could find a tail section similar somewhere around here.
                  Its really not that difficult. I decided to try it out and was pleased with the outcome. It was really easier then I made it out to be in my mind.

Comment

Blhippy moved on to another CB project. It's posted here: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=29722.0

~Adam

Comment

Bhappy101, I am lost.... so lost... I was stupid and bought one of the prefabed seats and I am trying to make a seat pan that covers a gap between the side covers and the seat. Should I Just start all over and make a new one... It looks good and what I want but aarrrrgggg. I hate glass, I hate glass, and I will say it again, I hate glass.

Comment

Bhappy hasnt been on here in quite some time. He has ALOT of very angry with him people looking for him on here. Dont expect an answer.....

Comment

CafeKid you did some good work. How would you use a prefab piece. And making it fit with the stock side covers.

Rich

Comment

Got a pic of what you're working with? I made my entire seatpan/tailpiece from scratch, so i had the benifit of making it how i wanted it. But if you have a pic of what you have going on, id be happy to give you my ideas/pointers on what *I* would suggest doing

Comment

wow that gs250 looks amazing, makes me wanna go rip up my 450 right now and copy yer ideas. looks like a blast to ride aswell but how are those handlebars and seat setup on yer back?

Comment

Sent you a email on the seat. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X