No announcement yet.

Removing Side Cover Suzuki Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks alot, Keith. I was afraid to use any of those clips, old or new, because I seriously dont want to lose this badge. Ill pick up some new ones tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Comment

I removed my emblems, ground down the mounting plates(on the tank) filled and smoothed via bondo, and painted. Heres a link of before and after pics.-
      http://spaces.msn.com/members/daredevil416ex/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolder ID=cns!1pIhNGlKKfB7vcCbVrswJlWQ!117&_c=PhotoAlbum
      hope this helps.-darren

Comment

Thats pretty cool; I like the blacked-out look, but I want to keep mine on.

...Are you by any chance near Cottage Grove? I went there on spring break one year, nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by jhw84
          Thats pretty cool; I like the blacked-out look, but I want to keep mine on.

...Are you by any chance near Cottage Grove? I went there on spring break one year, nice place.
          I think i've heard of the name, but dont really remember the location... I'm from st.peter, near mankato.-darren

Comment

Yea, ok, I visited U of M at Mankato on my trip. Not much there...

Did you bondo and paint your tank yourself?

Comment

Yip, I did everything myself, the most bondo work was on the rear fender getting the new flush rear light to work out and look nice.-darren

Comment

add on- the worst part about bondoing is knowing if you screw if the slightest bit or sand just a little bit in the wrong place, or just a little un even, you need to start over and let the bondo dry again and start sanding all over again.-darren

Comment

Interesting... I will remember that if I ever have to do any bondo work.

Comment

Here's a piece of insurance for all those (myself included) who has lost emblems...

Before you put the emblems back on, put a thin coat of clear silicone (or whatever your favorite flavor is...) on the back of the emblem (stay away from the edges) and when you press it on to the sidecover it will adhere nicely (along with the posts/clips) without damaging the finish, should you ever need to remove them later.

If any silicone squeezes out, take a Q-tip and carefully clean off the exposed areas ... then after it has cured you can simply rub off the remaining film (if there is any) with another Q-tip or your finger for a clean reliable bond.

Enjoy,
                    Steve 8)

Comment

Alright, just what I was looking for, thanks Steve.

Comment

Working...
                      X