My new pipes. PIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new pipes. PIX

Here's the new pipes I put on my 1100. Next mod is the seat. I'm currently rebuilding the front brakes. After that...the polishing begins!

You, sir, are vulgar and pretentious!

And nice pipes, by the way. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
      You, sir, are vulgar and pretentious!

And nice pipes, by the way. ;-)
      Thank you very much haha. I wish the admin would let me change my screen name. I've been asking off and on for a couple of years now it seems like. I don't even wakeboard anymore. I can tell you for sure though, that the bike is vulgar and pretentious when I tear down on the throttle!..and now she's loud enough to make a Harley pee itself.

Comment

man that looks good! is that a custom set up.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
          man that looks good! is that a custom set up.
          The pipes?..yeah. My dad is a mechanic and one of the guys that works next to him welded this for us. The pipes are actually just the slash cut tips you see on the back of every Chevy pickup thats rumbling down the road. Stainless Steal and worth every penny. The sound is awesome and imo they really work with the lines of the bike. I'm going to cover the rusty headers in black header wrap to compliment the rest of the bike.

Comment

is that loud with just open cut tips? with no baffle that thing must scream....

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
              is that loud with just open cut tips? with no baffle that thing must scream....
              Its not even as loud as some typical Harleys in this area. Its not obnoxious enough for anyone that has seen it to complain, but when you open it up it screams, yeah. My dad the other day was in front of me about 40 or so yards and was cruising about 55 when I left the stop sign I opened mine up and he could hear me clear over his bike. It has a real deep throaty sound. I was surprised at how deep it was. I love the looks I get on this thing. My dad's brand new Honda is invisible when I'm around. No one knows what I'm riding it seems. I haven't been out with the new pipes though. Before I had real quiet pipes on.

Comment

'k, I'm not like a sound nazi or anything, I have loud pipes on my warrior, but you might wanna consider throwing some baffles in that bad boy. Check out thunder cities monster baffles. They probably make a 3" Dia baffle, and you could rivet it right in. BTW, I love the look of those pipe. I might have to copy you on my bike. Oh yeah, here's a Youtube clip of what those baffles I mentioned sound like on a big twin...(I know, potato, potato...)

2005 Midnight Warrior, with Monster baffles installed in Big Shot Pipes

Comment

Working...
                X