Starting to clean up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to clean up

So other than some electrical pitfalls and pulling the carbs to soak them in Seafoam, I managed to start cleaning up some of the case and just wanted to share that the information that I read on this forum on the how to works great! Check it out so far...

Don't Use Seafoam To Clean The Carbs, Get A 1 Gallon Bucket Of Berrymans Carb Dip Or Gunk Brand Carb Dip. Sea Foam Might Work And It Might Not, But The Carb Dip Is Guaranteed To Work. Don't Waste Your Time.
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I only used seafoam because I am trying to avoid tearing down the carbs rebuilding them and then getting them sync'd again.

The bike ran pretty smooth with the choke full open so I was hoping to not do all the extra work, but knowing my luck I will end up doing it anyways.

Comment

speaking from experience i would just do it right the first time. Take them apart and make sure everything is clean and fresh. These bikes are 20+ years old there's a very good chance the carbs have some funk. A bike with properly cleaned and set carbs will fire up up in just a few cranks, and only need choke to initially get it going. If you have to rely on choke to keep the bike running your carbs are gummed up and a good cleaning with replacement of the o-rings will be needed.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
        X