No announcement yet.

Hand pounded tank pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope...didnt go to college. Unfortunately i had to grow up really quick, and college wasnt in the picture. Now im gettin on the downhill side of schooling age, so unless i do something soon (which at this point in my life i dunno how i'd squeeze it in and still retain a full time job) im SOL. Although i make a decent amount of money for not going to college, i wish i would have. I still at some point would like to take a body forming and welding course somewhere. Someday i'd like to build these cafe's and sell em. Not alot of call for em round here right now, dunno alot of guys round here that even know what the hell they are..."ya mean it aint a Harley?? Well that aint no bike then..." pfft. So if i could eventually get pretty quick at it, i could turn a couple over during the winter and sell em in the spring. Might be cool for some side cash, and i like doing it. I'll need a damn garge first tho i think..lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Cheng Shin (sp?) I dunno what model they were on here when bought and they dont say the model on them. They are pretty tough lookin, but eventually id like to go a "lil" wider on the rear, prolly 130 or so and get some Avon Venom-X or Roadrunners. I got a set of Avons sittin here, may keep around and switch em when these start to go, but then again i may sell them with the rims.
      Interesting. I like the knobby-ness. It reminds me of old british or harley bikes

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Nope...didnt go to college. Unfortunately i had to grow up really quick, and college wasnt in the picture. Now im gettin on the downhill side of schooling age, so unless i do something soon (which at this point in my life i dunno how i'd squeeze it in and still retain a full time job) im SOL. Although i make a decent amount of money for not going to college, i wish i would have. I still at some point would like to take a body forming and welding course somewhere. Someday i'd like to build these cafe's and sell em. Not alot of call for em round here right now, dunno alot of guys round here that even know what the hell they are..."ya mean it aint a Harley?? Well that aint no bike then..." pfft. So if i could eventually get pretty quick at it, i could turn a couple over during the winter and sell em in the spring. Might be cool for some side cash, and i like doing it. I'll need a damn garge first tho i think..lol
        Man you must be a long lost brother. I actually wanted to do mild rebuilds of muscle cars and sell them as side cash and then maybe make it into a buisness and me and my brother thought about getting into a bike business which is why I'm gonna take that metal shaping class. I eventually want to pound out my own fenders and tanks... Not only for cars but bikes also. I'm starting to think I ain't cut out for college though. Its way to boring and I'd rather be working outside and using my hands.... Plus it doesn't help that most people I know that make 100K+ didn't go to college

Comment

Yeah i know alot of people that didnt go to college that are making good money now. But i also know alot of people who did that are making double..lol. Ive never been into school either..did well untill highschool...with the emphasis on HIGH at that point..lol oh well, live and learn. Besides id rather be street smart than book smart. I can read and learn alot of what i would have got in college, but you cant be taught street smarts, you have to learn from experience there. Sweet i just swapped front and rear pegs from that 80 for a set of GSXR rearsets that have been modded to fit a GS750...score!

Comment

copy those and sell me a set ( the brackets that is)

and man I've always wanted to rebuild cars and make profit with my dad. never has really happened but i'm young and my dream isn't dead! least not yet , lol.

Comment

I will do that...ill see what my buddy will charge...shouldnt be too much materials and prolly not much in time. For sure id think cheaper than you can buy cast ones...

Comment

That's if you can even find rearsets for these old girls. Your customs ones are the way to go.... Although I haven't lost hope of getting forward controls. Believe it or not I'm actually in a better riding condition reaching for the superbars and having my feet out in front of me. But just in case I change styles I may be hitting you up for a set also

Comment

Working...
                X