Here's a pic of my wifes bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ericzx7 View Post
    Would you , or anyone else happen to know if early model GSXR wheels , or KATANA wheels will work on the original axels? I would like to be able to use more modern radial rubber , and a bit wider tire on the rear. And thanks for all the kind comments on the bike.
    Im not sure about that..Alot of the guys on here are big into mods and have a bit more experience with model swaps, ask in the tech forum im sure they'll answer you right quick...i think GIABLO has some Katana wheels he's selling too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Im not sure about that..Alot of the guys on here are big into mods and have a bit more experience with model swaps, ask in the tech forum im sure they'll answer you right quick...i think GIABLO has some Katana wheels he's selling too.
      Thanks for the advice! I'll post a closeup of the clipons in a few min.

Comment

Here it is.

Comment

Would you , or anyone else happen to know if early model GSXR wheels , or KATANA wheels will work on the original axels? I would like to be able to use more modern radial rubber , and a bit wider tire on the rear. And thanks for all the kind comments on the bike.
          I have 600 kat wheels on mine, both wheels use the same size axle. The rear will bolt right up if you use the kat rear brake caliper mount and spacer. You can use the stock axle. Just need to modify the brake caliper stay so it won't rub the tire. The front is an easy swap too, the kat front end will bolt right on. The steering head bearings are the same for both bikes. You only have to fab the steering stops, Two bolts threaded into the frame. And modded the instrument mount, and used slightly longer handlebar mount bolts to fasten it to the bottom of the top tripple tree.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

What's that headlight & fairing off? Looks really modern! I like it on that bike.

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Rear wheel is now same (bare alum) as the front.

Comment

Eric, sweet bike man. That paint job is gorgeous. I'm not usually a fan of purple but there are rare instances where it just looks damn good and I must say this is one of those times..... Wanna paint mine?:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
                  Eric, sweet bike man. That paint job is gorgeous. I'm not usually a fan of purple but there are rare instances where it just looks damn good and I must say this is one of those times..... Wanna paint mine?:-D
                  Thank you. Actually , my wife picked out the color. She intended to go yellow, but decided on the burgandy. It looks very different in different types of lighting. This was my first shot at painting anything. Painted everything in the garage, and was surprised at how little "junk" got into the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                    Rear wheel is now same (bare alum) as the front.
                    That's a sweet bike. Is that exhaust totally custom, or a retrofit from another bike? Looks nice!

Comment

I'm curious about that front fairing too. any idea what it is off of? or more importantly, where I can get one?

Comment

Originally posted by BentRod View Post
                        I'm curious about that front fairing too. any idea what it is off of? or more importantly, where I can get one?

Here is a bigger pic. I got it new, light and all , off ebay. Seller User ID: luckybike-accessories
                        Total: $44.90

Seems ok, but I am deffinately gonna build a custom mount for it. The rubber hook and loop stuff that came with it is coming back off Very soon. Gonna start on the bracket today.

Comment

ya, I just found it on e-bay, looks like the guy has a lot of cool stuff.

I was thinking of making my own by hammering aluminum, but one of the ones he's got looks really nice.

THANKS!

and, um.. sweet ride... you may want to consider some frame sliders though. Would be a real shame if something happened to that bike.. ya know, like a bad pot hole or something

Comment

Originally posted by BentRod View Post
                            ya, I just found it on e-bay, looks like the guy has a lot of cool stuff.

I was thinking of making my own by hammering aluminum, but one of the ones he's got looks really nice.

THANKS!

and, um.. sweet ride... you may want to consider some frame sliders though. Would be a real shame if something happened to that bike.. ya know, like a bad pot hole or something
                            Thanks for the compliment. And , yes, frame sliders are in it's future.:-D

Glad I could be of some help. I have found a ton of stuff I need on ebay......too bad I can't afford it all! LOL Got in 8 packages in the last two weeks though!

Comment

That's a sweet bike. Is that exhaust totally custom, or a retrofit from another bike? Looks nice!
                              That is the "race" style (had to remove center stand and pipe has to come off to change oil filter) pipe that Yoshimura sold for those back in 1984.

Comment

Working...
                              X