Looking for a pic.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a pic.........

....of a GS750 (or other GS) with a Ducati 900SS style 'bullet' fairing. I have hunted around (including a 'SEARCH') but cannot find one. I am thinking of doing this to my 750 and am interested to know how it would look.

I cannot afford my dream Ducati just yet so thought I might make a 'mock' just for fun.

The fairing I am referring to is this one - http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04...ssap_title.jpg

I already have ace bars (clubman) etc. I know there are a lot of other Cafe / racing fans on this site - can anyone help me out with a pic or two???

Not alot of anything in the GSR Gallery. This is about as close as I saw...

Theres also something on ebay but WOW!! You better have deep pockets.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thanks Dave

LOL - Is that guy out of The Village People???

I can buy it locally (Aus) for a coupla hundred bucks (replica) but I want an idea of how it will look. Someone must have done it.

Thanks again

Comment

*Bump*

Still looking. Someone must have a pic of one out there somewhere???? If I was better at photoshop I could combine two images and know what it would look like. But I suck at photoshop.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Ive yet to see a GS with the Bullet/Rickman fairing you speak of. Now that i think about it, ive honestly only seen a couple GS's cafe'ed period, aside from those of us on here. And none that ive seen have any extensive or repro body work. Frankly, i think it would look F-ing sweet! What year/model GS are you thinkin about puting this on? I know Bernie (Go Mifune) and Bubba are pretty handy with photochop programs. Maybe you could send them a pic of your bike and a pic of the fairing and see what they can do with it. OR..and this is near blasphamy i know, find a KZ with the fairing. They are very similar to our GSs in many ways.

Comment

I've got a '76 750 that I have stripped down (bars, seat, bodywork etc). I am keen to do this. Now that you have urged me along I think I might just push ahead with it.

Comment

Well dont keep me in the dark my friend! PICS! We have the same bike, so it would be interesting to see some ideas i may not have thought of. Like rearsets, without interfering with the kickstarter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Ive yet to see a GS with the Bullet/Rickman fairing you speak of. Now that i think about it, ive honestly only seen a couple GS's cafe'ed period, aside from those of us on here. And none that ive seen have any extensive or repro body work. Frankly, i think it would look F-ing sweet! What year/model GS are you thinkin about puting this on? I know Bernie (Go Mifune) and Bubba are pretty handy with photochop programs. Maybe you could send them a pic of your bike and a pic of the fairing and see what they can do with it. OR..and this is near blasphamy i know, find a KZ with the fairing. They are very similar to our GSs in many ways.

I've already tried to "frankenstein' the photos together. Hard to do without the right handlebars and angle of bike, but what I did see was very sharp looking (sorry, no pic to show).

Comment

Speak of the devil..hehe. Got that spring ready to send out btw. Just did it this evening. Knew i would get to it at some point...lol Sorry for the delay i'll send it out tomorrow toss me your address again, as i think i purged my PMs with it in it.

Comment

The bike is half finished. I'll post up some pics soon.

Comment

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...e/Dunstall.htm - This is the fairing I am talking about - the top half of the AJSM2 at the bottom of the page.

Comment

So what style of fairing does the model have on? Thats the style I am looking for my bike - would fit without mods. Wont cut much air, would add maintenance costs though.
                        85 1150E

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
                          http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...e/Dunstall.htm - This is the fairing I am talking about - the top half of the AJSM2 at the bottom of the page.
                          That reminds me of the fairing on the 1985 GS1150EF.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            Ive yet to see a GS with the Bullet/Rickman fairing you speak of. Now that i think about it, ive honestly only seen a couple GS's cafe'ed period, aside from those of us on here. And none that ive seen have any extensive or repro body work. Frankly, i think it would look F-ing sweet! What year/model GS are you thinkin about puting this on? I know (Go Mifune) and Bubba are pretty handy with photochop programs. Maybe you could send them a pic of your bike and a pic of the fairing and see what they can do with it. .
                            This is the best I could do with some pics I found on Google images and mspaint.
                            here is a link or

http://img56744.pictiger.com/images/13979503/ click the pic for larger view
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X