Fender Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender Compatibility

I have been unable to find the part number for the front fender on a 1980 to find out what other bikes I could get a chrome fender from. I am repainting my plastic fender but I was curious to know if I could fit some shine on from any other models... the ones from the 650 and 550 I am guessing are too small (based on my friends 550 tire being smaller from mine)

Chime in folks...

Side note:

The chain guard I have is painted black is that somethign I can strip down and make it shinny too? :-D I already read up on Bruce's mag wheels repainting deal...I'll get on that once I'm finished polishing my side covers.

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post
    I have been unable to find the part number for the front fender on a 1980 to find out what other bikes I could get a chrome fender from. I am repainting my plastic fender but I was curious to know if I could fit some shine on from any other models... the ones from the 650 and 550 I am guessing are too small (based on my friends 550 tire being smaller from mine)
    The front tire size is the same for all models with the 19" front wheel. 100/90/19.
    The real issue is the width between the fork lowers.
    A 550, or 650 fender will bolt up to a 750/1000 but it is narrower.
    You can also use a fender from an earlier model 750. It will fit.

Comment

Yeah I was looking at a couple I found on ebay the other night. cept they were for 550 / 650 I'd certainly want to go with one that was from any other 750. I'll keep my eye out for any 750 / 1000 ones.

I'm not panicing but if the price is right and it is in good shape I would not mind trying to see how it may look. Little elbow grease won't hurt me either if I have to use some restorer on it.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

front fenders

I have used the front fenders off the 1982 models of 750 and 1100 for the earlier models. They bolt right on. If you want to make them look original just cut the bottom sections off.

Comment

any pics of the said fenders?

Comment

Working...
          X