Need help with Wes Cooley fairing peices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Wes Cooley fairing peices

I am in search of the left and right upper fairing brackets and both mirrors for my 79 GS1000S. From what I have found out so far is that the lower brackets are available from Suzuki but not the top ones. Mirrors I have not found either. Any input? Oh yeah! Does anyone know what the small toggle switch off to the right behind the fairing does?

I think I have found both brackets and mirrors on a microfiche from a dealer here in Seattle.

Comment

Mystery Switch

I can help you with your question about the switch. It shuts the voltage off going to the analog clock in the dash. I assume it is there to keep from running the battery down if the bike is not going to be ridden for some time. It was a question that I had when getting my bike up and running.

Comment

The toggle switch is for the clock.ALPHASPORTS will have almost everything you want and they have exploded parts diagrams for the entire universe.Cheers,Simon.\\/

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Curt, having hunted down new mirrors for my 1000S you need to be aware that once fitted the only thing you'll see in the mirrors is your elbows. Half of me wishes I'd just gone for bar mounted mirrors.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Curt, having hunted down new mirrors for my 1000S you need to be aware that once fitted the only thing you'll see in the mirrors is your elbows. Half of me wishes I'd just gone for bar mounted mirrors.

True.
            But they also act as the mounting point/bolt for the fairing.
            And you don't want those unsightly open holes taking away from the lines of the bike, do you ?
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

You're dead right of course Keith. I was thinking of trying to find some other fairing mounted mirrors that fit using the same mounting holes, maybe even some with built in indicators. But they'd have to look right and therein lies the problem.

It is a right PITA not being able to see behind!
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I saw a pair off a Ninja 900??? ...... Maybe that fit and had longer stalks

Some one here had some EMGO brand that fit and were long.
                Keith
                -------------------------------------------
                1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

BikeBandit has mirrors I've been told

Comment

Working...
                  X